This Blueberry Banana Bread is so moist and perfect that I actually think it might be the best one I have ever made. On top of that it is simple and fast.
Don’t you just love banana breads? They are such an easy quick bread and always turn out good. This time I have done a Blueberry Banana Bread. It is so moist and perfect and I actually think it might be the best one I have ever made. How can that be possible?
Well, sometimes I think I might be crazy but it is really really good. I crack myself up. All these conversations going on in my head. Well, who else am I going to discuss my recipes with? Haha! Anyway, I digress. Make this banana bread because it is simple and, quite frankly, delicious!
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seed Meal and 3 Tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup dairy free butter
- 2/3 cup sugar, organic
- 1 cup banana, its okay if it is a little bit more or a little bit less
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, defrosted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, defrosted
- Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Mix the flax seed meal and water together and set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, with a Hand Mixer, cream the vegan butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flax seed 'egg' mixture and mashed banana.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir until it is just blended. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let set for about 10 minutes.
- Turn out on a rack and let cool completely.
- Store as you would bread.
The loaf defrosts quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. Just take out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator the night before.