Maple Glazed Donuts- Warm, freshly-baked donuts made with whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, dairy-free milk, and cinnamon are dipped in a homemade maple glaze. These light and fluffy donuts have a sweet maple flavor that will make your mouth water.
There are many reasons why donuts are so famous. First of all, they are delicious. They are also relatively easy to make, and there are so many variations that you can never get bored with them. Plus, they are the perfect snack for any occasion - you can eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert. No matter what time of day, a donut is always a good choice.
If you like the taste of maple, then you are going to love these maple glazed donuts! Maple glazed donuts are a delicious and festive treat. They are perfect for special occasions or simply when you want something sweet and decadent. The maple glaze is the ideal complement to the fluffy donut dough. Not too sweet but perfectly satisfying, these donuts will leave you wanting more.
Why You'll Love This Maple Donut Recipe
No Frying Required- These donuts are baked, not fried, which makes them much easier to make at home.
Healthier Than Store-Bought- Maple glazed donuts are made with whole wheat flour and are sweetened with maple syrup, so they are a healthier option than store-bought donuts.
Sweet and Delicious- The donuts are sweetened with pure maple syrup, which gives them a subtle sweetness that is not too overpowering.
Crowd Pleaser- Whether you are making them for a party or just for yourself, these maple glazed donuts are sure to be a hit with everyone.
Versatile- You can enjoy these donuts as is or add your own toppings like chopped nuts, dairy-free ice cream, or coconut whipped cream.
Equipment Needed To Make Vegan Maple Glazed Donuts
- 12-Hole Donut Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Small to Medium Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Stirring Spoon
- Wire Rack
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
Ingredients For Baked Donuts With Maple Glaze
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Organic Coconut Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Sea Salt
- Ground Cinnamon
- Coconut Oil
- Unsweetened Dairy-Free Milk
- Egg Substitute
- Vanilla Extract
- Non-Dairy Butter
- Maple Syrup
- Confectioners Sugar
How To Make Vegan Maple Glazed Donuts
Making donuts is a fun and easy process. You only need a few simple ingredients, some kitchen supplies, and a little time. The first step is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenhight. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the dairy-free milk, vanilla extract, and prepared egg substitute in a medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Next, fill each section of a donut pan with the batter. Make sure to smooth it out so that the donuts are even in thickness. Bake in a preheated oven for 14-16 minutes or until they are golden brown. Let them cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
To make the glaze, melt the non-dairy butter in the microwave for a few seconds, then combine it with the confectioners' sugar and maple syrup in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Dip each donut into the glaze and place them back on the wire rack. Let them cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
Note: For this donut recipe, you can use metal or silicone pans; if you use metal pans, be sure to grease them before use.
What to Serve/Pair With Homemade Maple Donuts
These vegan donuts can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or dessert or on their own as a sweet treat or snack. If you want to dress them up for a special occasion, try serving them with the following:
- A hot cup of coffee or tea
- Fresh Fruit
- Dairy-Free Ice Cream
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- A Drizzle of Vegan Chocolate Sauce
Popular Substitutions & Additions
There are some common substitutions and additions that you can make to this recipe.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose or gluten-free flour in place of whole wheat flour.
- Milk- If you want to make these donuts nut-free, use nut-free milk like soy or oat milk.
- Sugar- You can use brown sugar or organic cane sugar instead of coconut sugar.
- Butter- Any non-dairy spread or melted vegan margarine will work in place of the non-dairy butter.
- If you want to add even more flavor to the glaze, try adding a dash of ground nutmeg, allspice, or ginger.
- The confectioners' sugar can be left out of the glaze if you want a less sweet donut.
- You could also add a splash of non-dairy milk if the glaze is too thick.
- Try dipping the donuts in melted chocolate or rolling them in finely chopped nuts for a fun twist.
How To Store & Reheat Vegan Baked Donuts
Maple glazed donuts are best enjoyed the day they are made but can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze donuts for up to 3 months if you want to extend their shelf life. When ready to eat, let the donuts thaw on the counter.
If you want to enjoy your donuts warm, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the donuts for 5-7 minutes. Alternatively, you can reheat them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
Maple Glazed Vegan Donuts FAQs
What is the best egg replacer to use for these donuts?
I recommend using a flax or chia egg, but feel free to use any egg replacer you like.
Can I use a different type of flour other than whole wheat?
Yes, all-purpose or gluten-free flour can be used in place of whole wheat flour.
Do I freeze vegan donuts with or with the glaze on them?
You can freeze these donuts glazed or unglazed. If you are going to freeze them with the glaze, I recommend doing so before the glaze sets; this way, the glaze will not crack when you reheat them.
How thick should the maple glaze be?
The glaze should be thick but still smooth and runny enough to dip the donuts into. If the glaze is too thick, you can add a splash of non-dairy milk to thin it out. If the glaze is too thin, you can add more confectioners' sugar to thicken it up.
Do I have to have a donut pan to make homemade vegan donuts?
No, you don't need a donut pan, but it will make the process a lot easier. If you don't have a donut pan, you can use a muffin tin or a mini muffin tin. Just keep in mind that the baking time may vary.
Don't Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How Your Vegan Maple Glazed Baked Donuts Turned Out!
Maple Glazed Vegan Donuts
For the Donuts
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar - organic
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup dairy-free milk - unsweetened
- 1 egg substitute - pre-prepared
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Maple Glaze
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- For the Donuts
- Lightly grease donut pans for 12 donuts or use silicone donut pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl add the coconut oil, non-dairy milk, prepared non-dairy egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the 12 donuts rings.
- Bake at 350° for 14 to 16 minutes.
- When done pop the donuts out of the pans and let cool on a wire rack. Great warm or cold.
For the Maple Glaze:
- Melt the non-dairy butter in the microwave for a few seconds. Stir in the maple syrup and powdered sugar and mix until creamy smooth. Ready for dipping. Dip the donuts straight down on the top flat side. Flip over and let set on a bakers rack.
That's fantastic Allie and thank you! I love them too and your idea of switching out the cinnamon for pumpkin spice was really a good idea. I'll have to try that too!