Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos recipe is easy and has an unusual list of ingredients. You would never guess. Put them all in a crock pot and when done – Mmmm.
Mexican food is my favorite and to me it consists of any concoction encased in soft or crispy tortillas. Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos filling can be put in either kind of tortilla so that is doubly wonderful for me. I’ve also rolled the filling in soft tacos along with dairy free cheese – like a burrito. It’s just good stuff.
20 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 20 Total Time
- Well, here we go. I am all about 'easy' cooking.
- Put everything in the crockpot.
- Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or on high 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Spread quite a bit on your favorite taco shells, hard or soft.
- Top with lettuce (I used sliced romaine).
- You can also add fresh tomatoes.
- I am a sucker for avocado and lime.
- Serve with some beans and rice if you like. You can even try my Homemade Slow Cooker Refried Beans
Let cool to room temperature and then pack in rigid sided containers as defined in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few (4 to 6) hours before serving.
Put the filling in a saucepan to heat through and serve.