Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos recipe is easy and has an unusual list of ingredients. You would never guess. Put them all in a crock pot and when done – Mmmm.
Mexican food is my favorite and to me it consists of any concoction encased in soft or crispy tortillas. Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos filling can be put in either kind of tortilla so that is doubly wonderful for me. I’ve also rolled the filling in soft tacos along with dairy free cheese – like a burrito. It’s just good stuff.
The recipe is easy and has an unusual list of ingredients. You would never guess. I don’t want to give it away. Try not to jump down to the ingredients list. It just makes it more fun that way. If you do take a peek, read slowly so you can be surprised – more than once.
It is easy to double or triple the ingredients too. So take it to a potluck or serve to a huge crowd. Let everyone spoon up their own filling and add the toppings that they want. Lettuce is always good on tacos. I do like a little lime squeezed on mine but that is just another quirk that I have. Lime is good with so many things. In fact, here is a recipe that would go really well with these tacos – Michelada, the Mexican Bloody Mary. See the limes?
Crock Pot recipes can be so easy and Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos is one of the simplest. All you have to do is ground up all of the ingredients, put them in the crock pot, turn it on and … that is it. After the cooking time has ended all you need to do is spoon it down the middle of a taco shell and eat it up.
20 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 20 Total Time
- Well, here we go. I am all about 'easy' cooking.
- Put everything in the crockpot.
- Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or on high 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Spread quite a bit on your favorite taco shells, hard or soft.
- Top with lettuce (I used sliced romaine).
- You can also add fresh tomatoes.
- I am a sucker for avocado and lime.
- Serve with some beans and rice if you like. You can even try my Noteshttp://veganinthefreezer.com/slow-cooker-chipotle-tacos/
Let cool to room temperature and then pack in rigid sided containers as defined in my article 6.6.14