Pesto Tortilla Rollups are to die for. The pestos are very different so their flavors really stand out. Using the beans as a base melds it all together.
Pesto Tortilla Rollups came to my mind when I was brainstorming with myself. I was trying to think of a rollup that I had never had before and with items that I loved. Oh, I thought – a pesto! Maybe two pestos?
All I could do was try it. Gee, aren’t I smart? It was so good and the pestos are very different so their flavors really stood out. Using the beans as a base was also a good combo and it held the rolls together. Don’t be tempted to add more ingredients because these are perfect.
Connect with Vegan in the Freezer
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- Process the whole beans in a Food Processor or mash really well with a fork.
- Put the processed beans in a small mixing bowl and mix in the salsa.
- Now for assembly.
- Spread a small amount of the bean mixture on the tortilla.
- See the photo below.
- Go almost to the edge and not real thick.
- Spread a little bit of both pestos on the tortillas that already have the bean mixture.
- Now roll up the tortillas firmly but not tight. You don't want to squish out the ingredients.
- Cut the roll with about 1" slices.
- The end slices are what you call throw always but don't throw them away. Eat them!
Lay on a plate in a pretty stack and serve.
They keep in the fridge for about 4 days so you can make them ahead for a party.