Cornbread Corn Muffins are a nice switch up from bread as your carbohydrate side dish. Especially when it is going along with Mexican, Irish or Regional Southern cooking.
When I lived in the south I learned about mixing flour along with the cornmeal and it made a lighter cornbread. In this recipe I also added corn kernels for more texture and even more flavor.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- Combine flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the 2 egg replacers with it's water and set aside.
- To the flour - add the milk, vegan butter and mixed egg replacer.
- Mix until just blended.
- Add the corn and mix lightly until just blended.
- Divide among the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake at 425 • for 25 to 30 minutes.
- TO FREEZE:
- After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
- They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 20 seconds.
Cornbread Corn Muffins