Cornbread Corn Muffins are a nice switch up from bread as your carbohydrate side dish. Especially when it is going along with Mexican, Irish or Regional Southern cooking.
When I lived in the south I learned about mixing flour along with the cornmeal and it made a lighter cornbread. In this recipe I also added corn kernels for more texture and even more flavor.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- Combine flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the 2 egg replacers with it's water and set aside.
- To the flour - add the milk, vegan butter and mixed egg replacer.
- Mix until just blended.
- Add the corn and mix lightly until just blended.
- Divide among the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake at 425 • for 25 to 30 minutes.
- TO FREEZE:
- After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 20 seconds.
Cornbread Corn Muffins