Cornbread Corn Muffins
These Easy Vegan Cornbread Muffins are the perfect savory side dish with Mexican, Irish & Regional Southern meals. Also great at breakfast or brunch.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 12 Muffins
- Oil for lightly oiling tin/tins for 12 muffin cups
- 1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup canned corn rinsed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter such as Earth Balance, melted
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 egg replacers follow directions on the package for the kind that you have
Combine flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Mix the 2 egg replacers with it's water and set aside.
To the flour - add the milk, vegan butter and mixed egg replacer.
Mix until just blended.
Add the corn and mix lightly until just blended.
Divide among the 12 muffin tins.
Bake at 425 • for 25 to 30 minutes.
After they have cooled you may freeze them in any of the methods shown in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 20 seconds.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1.2mg