Cashew Rice Bowl has an Asian Flare that satisfies your cravings. A nice bowl of comfort food is just right for family and friends.
Cashew Rice Bowl has an Asian Flare that satisfies your cravings. A nice bowl of comfort food is just right for family and friends and this one is super easy. Are you one of those neighbors who help out their friends and bring over dishes when someone is ill? Me too.
Well, I have a friend, Ashley of Center Cut Cook, who has been hit with some bad news lately. Some of us bloggers thought that since we can’t actually walk over with a dish of comfort food we could do a virtual visit and all post a delicious recipe that anyone could share with a friend or neighbor when they were in need.
This post went up over two years ago and the fight continues. Ashley’s husband is still in a chemotherapy regimen in his fight against colon cancer. Their baby boy, Miles, just now got his new liver and, with many complications, he was able to go home (3-18-16). He still needs a kidney transplant. It doesn’t sound real does it.
Comfort food for us all and to share with loved ones in need.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- Pre-cook the rice in a rice cooker or in any of your favorite ways. I use 2 cups water to 1 cup of rice in my rice cooker.
- Add the oil to a skillet and heat to medium.
- Saute the onion and bell peppers and saute for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook about 10 minutes. A lot of liquid will cook out of the mushrooms. That is just natural.
- Add the cooked rice and cashews.
- Fry over medium heat for about 3 minutes to heat through.
- Add the tamari sauce and heat through for another 2 minutes.
Serve as a side dish or as a main dish.