Satisfy your sweet cravings with vegan edible cookie dough. It captures the creamy texture and indulgent taste that raw cookie dough is known for. Plus, you can enjoy it right out of the mixing bowl!
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This No-Bake Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
Minimal Ingredients- You only need a few pantry staples for this edible cookie dough recipe, like flour, sugar, vegan chocolate chips, and plant-based milk.
Healthier Option- Traditional cookie dough recipes often contain raw eggs, which can increase the risk of foodborne illnesses. Vegan edible cookie dough eliminates this risk and uses natural sweeteners like maple syrup or coconut sugar instead of refined sugar.
Customizable- You can easily customize this edible cookie dough recipe to suit your taste preferences. Add your favorite mix-ins like mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or dried fruit.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- All-Purpose Flour- Heat-treated flour provides the base for the cookie dough.
- Coconut Sugar- Adds a deep, sweet flavor to the dough.
- Salt- Balances out the sweetness and enhances the flavors in the cookie dough.
- Vegan Butter- Softened butter adds creaminess and richness to the dough. Salted or unsalted butter can be used; however, you may want to omit the additional salt in the recipe if using salted butter.
- Soy Milk- Helps combine all ingredients and create a smooth, creamy texture.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips- Adds a delicious chocolaty flavor and texture to the cookie dough.
- Vanilla Extract (Optional)- Gives the edible cookie dough a subtle hint of vanilla flavor.
How To Make Edible Cookie Dough
To begin making edible cookie dough, preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spread the all-purpose flour on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake it for 5 minutes. After removing the flour, let it cool completely. In the meantime, take a bowl and combine the vegan butter and coconut sugar. Use a hand mixer with whisk attachments to beat this mixture until it becomes light and fluffy. Now, add the cooled flour and salt, and continue to beat on medium speed until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. If the dough appears too stiff, add some soy milk to soften it. The finishing touch involves folding in the vegan chocolate chips. You can now scoop the edible cookie dough into serving bowls. Enjoy it immediately, or store it for later use.
Popular Substitutions And Additions
- For a gluten-free version of this edible chocolate chip cookie dough, use gluten-free flour like almond flour or oat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Substitute the soy milk with any plant-based milk of your choice.
- Add different mix-ins such as peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, vegan dark chocolate chunks, cocoa powder, shredded coconut, crushed pretzels, or graham crackers for added flavor and texture.
- Drizzle some maple syrup on the cookie dough for an extra kick of sweetness.
Can I Freeze Homemade Edible Cookie Dough
Yes, you can freeze this edible cookie dough to enjoy it later. Roll the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the balls for about 30 minutes before transferring them to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. When you're ready to eat, let the dough thaw for a few minutes before indulging in its deliciousness.
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough FAQs
Can I use other types of sugar instead of coconut sugar?
Yes, you can use other types of sugar, such as brown sugar, light brown sugar, or granulated sugar, but the flavor and color may vary slightly.
Is it necessary to cook the flour before using it in the recipe?
Yes, eating raw flour can be hazardous to your health. It is important to heat treat the raw flour to eliminate any potential bacteria. Ensuring safe consumption of the cookie dough is essential. However, you can skip this step by using heat-treated flour or purchasing pre-packaged edible cookie dough flour specifically made for raw consumption.
Can I bake this cookie dough?
No, this recipe is designed explicitly for edible cookie dough and will not yield the same results if baked.
How long does vegan edible cookie dough last?
When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, this edible cookie dough can last up to 1 week.
Edible Cookie Dough
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Add the flour to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegan butter and coconut sugar to a bowl.
- Using a hand mixer with whisk attachments, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the chilled flour and salt.
- Beat on medium speed until completely combined. Add the soy milk to make the cookie dough softer.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop out the dough and transfer to serving bowls.
- Serve immediately or store for later. Enjoy.