Slow Cooker Mushrooms and Rice is one of those recipes that everybody loves. It is also versatile as it is a side dish and a main entree.
I am always looking for a new recipe that makes my life easier. There is a double challenge because I have to make sure my husband will like it. You probably know just what I mean, there are the children too.
Slow Cooker Mushrooms and Rice is one of those recipes that just about everybody loves. It is also versatile because it is a side dish and also a main entree. You can change out the portabello mushroom soup for another type of mushroom soup if you want a bit of a milder taste.
Try this extremely simple recipe and keep it as a go to for those busy days.
Slow Cooker Mushrooms and Rice
low Cooker Mushrooms and Rice is one of those recipes that everybody loves
- 16 ounces long grain rice
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter melted
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 32 ounces portabello mushroom soup it comes in a box, you can also use your favorite mushroom soup - if it is condensed make it at least 16 oz. of soup and the rest liquid - just add enough water or vegetable broth to make 32 ounces
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt t, it seems to need this much salt to balance the mushrooms - you can just add 1 teaspoon until after cooking and see if you want to add the other teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add to the slow cooker - rice, soup and water if you bought a condensed soup to make 32 ounce total liquid, onion, melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Lay the sliced mushrooms on top of the ingredients in the crockpot. Push down lightly.
- This helps keep all the rice under the liquid and allows the mushrooms to cook at a bit of a slower pace.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours on medium or 3 hours on high.
- Uncover and fluff to incorporate the mushrooms.
- All done.
Please follow any of the directions defined in my article How to Prepare food for the Freezer.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Take out of freezer and put in the refrigerator at least 6 to 8 hours before heating (or the day before). Heat in the microwave for about 3 minutes. Stir halfway through. Check for temperature.