Easy Pickled Carrots are quick and tasty. Sweetened just right! They also make a really nice addition to an appetizer plate or as a side dish on the table.
These pickled carrots are mildly sweetened because of a much kinder sugar – coconut palm sugar. It gives a slightly maple flavor that goes so well with carrots.
A super bonus is that you can make them way in advance because these easy pickled carrots keep so long in the refrigerator. You can take them out for lunch or dinner or be prepared well in advance for a holiday that is coming up.
The carrots should stay in the brine a few hours so they can get their zing. Store them that way too. A jar with a lid or another glass dish with a tight fighting lid will hold them for about 3 weeks.
Quick and Easy Pickled Carrots
Easy Pickled Carrots are quick and tasty. Sweetened just right!
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 1/2 cups water for blanching the carrots
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Peel and scrape the carrots into fat strips about 4" to 6" long.
- In a medium sized saucepan add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Place the prepared carrots in the boiling water and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan mix the apple cider vinegar, water, coconut palm sugar and salt and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to medium high and cook about 30 seconds.
- This is not a super sweet pickling. The sugar cuts the vinegar - just right.
- Remove from heat and add the carrots so that they are completely covered with the brine.
- Let cool and then place in a glass container with a tightly covered lid.
- Put in the refrigerator and marinate overnight or at least 6 hours.
All ready to go.
These will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks.