Copycat Baileys Irish Cream Whiskey is rich, creamy, sweet and has no dairy! Easy to make and ready in minutes. Tis the season!
Baileys Irish Cream Whiskey reminds me of winter and celebrations. Tis the season! I actually created this recipe last year and ‘lo and behold’, Christmas was over before I got it on the blog. Bet you’re not surprised. Everything is so busy during the holidays – fun but busy … and fast!
Happily the holidays are here again and I am determined to pass on this rich, creamy, sweet recipe before it is too late. It is an extravagant drink that is great to sip. You can leave out the alcohol and just have Irish Cream but I went all out and made a partylicious libation.
Have you seen the word whiskey spelled whisky and whiskey? Well, I found out what that’s all about. It is actually correct both ways but spelled differently in different countries. Here in the United States it is with an e before the y. Scotland has no e at all. The way I remember it is that United States is spelled with and e included and Scotland is not. I’ll never get it wrong again.
Copycat Baileys Irish Cream Whiskey is like a dessert in itself. I can’t even think of what you could pair it with. Chocolate would complement it but you would be on sweets overload. So let’s just sip. Please let me know in the comments if you have any ideas or traditions surrounding Bailey’s Irish Cream Whiskey pairings.
Did I forget to mention that this Irish Cream is dairy free? Yes! Dairy free and made with whole fat coconut milk. Sometimes the can says coconut cream but the truth is in the nutrition list. The fat content is anywhere between 17% and 22%. A few ingredients measured, mixed and voila!
- 2 cans 13 1/2 ounces each full fat coconut milk/cream, usually about 17% to 22% per can
- 1/4 cup maple syrup plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup Irish Whiskey
- Put the first 5 ingredients in a blender. That's everything except the whiskey.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. It takes less than a minute.
- Add the Irish whiskey and stir.
- Pour over ice and sip to your heart's content.
Store in the refrigerator and stir/shake before serving.