This Vegan Breakfast Burrito Recipe is a veggie-packed bundle of goodness. This burrito has layers of flavor upon flavor and is served up for breakfast.
I want to tell you that I have the burrito whipped and conquered.
A nice feature of these burritos is that they're perfect for grabbing as you run out the door. You can zap them in the microwave for a few seconds, and they'll be perfect for your ride to work.
This healthy breakfast burrito recipe can also be made ahead of time. Way ahead of time. Like if you're having company over for the weekend they will keep in the refrigerator safely for three days.
Flavor upon flavor and served up for breakfast.
Short and sweet and to the point this breakfast burrito is a favorite because of it's ease in preparation. Besides tasting delicious they also keep you feeling full right on up to your next meal time.
You can freeze these burritos with no problem whatsoever.
Wrap each burrito individually so that it's possible to just take one at a time.
After all the tortillas are wrapped, place them into one large freezer bag for handy storage.
Remove as many burritos as you want the night before and place them in the refrigerator to defrost overnight.
Place on a baking sheet and heat for 20 minutes at 350° for a nice warm breakfast.
The burritos will keep in the freezer for up to six months.
Vegan breakfast burritos
For the burritos:
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- ¼ cup Vegan queso
- 1 cup roasted potato wedges
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado peeled, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the scrambled tofu:
- 12 oz. Firm tofu drained
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 ½ tbsp nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Make the scrambled tofu; whisk tahini, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, paprika powder, turmeric powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Set aside.
- Crumble tofu.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu and cook stirring for 5-6 minutes. Add the spice mixture and scramble the tofu for around 1 minute.
- Peel, pit, and chop avocado. Season the avocado with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- To assemble; spread 2 tbsp of Vegan queso over tortillas.
- Add pico de gallo, potatoes, avocado, and scrambled tofu.
- Roll the burrito firmly.
- Cut in half and serve.