Peanut Butter Cups Balls are a little different in looks but they are just as delicious as the original and without the extra additives and preservatives.
I can not wait for my nieces to come over. Peanut Butter Cups are their favorites and it will be so much fun to make them together.
As they take their first bite there will be a smile in their eyes and on their faces – even before they have their fingers out of their mouths. I just know it!
You can substitute almond butter for the peanut butter too. Thank goodness they can be frozen – that will add a little extra layer of protection for over indulgence. Ha!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Bloglovin
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- Mix the melted non dairy butter and the peanut butter together.
- Work in the powdered sugar.
- It will be pretty stiff but that is good.
- Make into 48 balls. I divide the dough in half - then each half into half - and so on until you get 48 little chunks. Then I roll them in the palms of my hands and place in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Put a piece of waxed paper on a cookie sheet. I cut the piece to fit inside the pan so that it lays flat.
- Melt the chocolate over a hot water bath or in a double boiler.
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the fridge and work with about 6 at a time. Put the unused balls back in the fridge while you are working.
- Roll each ball in the chocolate and pick up with two forks. Lay on the waxed paper on the cookie sheet.
- When all the balls are finished place the pan in the refrigerator (or freezer) to harden up. About an hour.
- You can place each ball in a mini paper cup for looks or just pile in a stack.
I keep them in the refrigerator because the chocolate can get 'melty' here in the desert. You can even store them in the freezer and they will be ready to eat within a half an hour of removing.
If you would like to check out another decadent chocolate candy you might want to click on over to see my Slow Cooker Chocolate Clusters recipe.
It is super simple but what makes it nice is that you can walk away and not worry about burning the chocolate. The slow cooker makes an easy recipe even easier.