Kidney and Black Bean Burgers
Kidney and Black Bean Burgers is made with an eclectic group of favorite ingredients.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 12 Patties
- 15 ounces black beans 1 can, drained, organic
- 15 ounces kidney beans 1 can, drained, organic
- 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs - - I used 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, make sure this is not wheat and marked gluten free in you are on a gluten free diet
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion - finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup carrot - finely pulsed
- 2 egg substitutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- oil for frying burger patties
Process the beans quickly (pulse) in a food processor so that they are still a bit chunky or mash with a potato masher..
Process your bread for the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a skillet.
Add the onion and carrot and saute for about 10 minutes.
Mix the egg replacer and water and set aside.
Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl.[
Make into balls and place on a cookie sheet. I used an ice cream scoop to get them even in size.
Put 6 on each cookie sheet.
Space out the balls evenly and flatten each ball with the palm of your hand to make a patty.
Freeze at this point or fry the amount of patties that you want.
Fry the patties in a little bit of hot oil for 5 minutes on each side.
Set aside for hamburger assembly and/or freezing.
Serving: 1Patty | Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 371mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1040IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 4.6mg