Mexican Cassoulet Recipe with Plant-Based Sausage is good & spicy & everything nice.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 10 ounces Plant-Based sausage, sliced in 1/2"-3/4" slices
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 30 ounces 2- 15 ounce cans organic kidney beans, drain but keep the liquid
- 1 teaspoon fajita spice mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup about - 1 fresh ear of corn on the cob
Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion until it becomes translucent. About 10-15 minutes.
Remove the onion from the skillet. Add the meatless sausage slices and brown on both sides.
Add the next few ingredients including the bean liquid but NOT the beans and the corn to the skillet.
Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to medium and cook on medium for 10 minutes.
Add the beans and corn and heat through for about 5 minutes. If you'd like less liquid cook a little longer. If you'd like more liquid you can add a little vegetable broth.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 712mg | Potassium: 737mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 14.8mg