Red River Rice
Red River Rice is simple and versatile and something the whole family will enjoy.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 cup onion yellow, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for sauteing
- 1 1/4 cups rice
- 15 ouncec tomatoes can, diced 15 1/2 ounces or close to it
- 13 ounces vegetable broth 13 ounces or close to it, low sodium to watch salt intake
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
Add the onion and saute until translucent - about 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir in the rice, tomatoes with their juice, vegetable broth, salt and pepper.
Heat to a boil and then cover and lower the heat to a simmer.
Cook for about 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed into the rice.
It will still be moist but absorbed.
Taste the rice for tenderness.
All set and ready to serve.
Serving: 12Ounces | Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.7mg