Vegan BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Vegan BBQ Chicken Sandwich is easily made from scratch.
- 9 ounces plant-based chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup small yellow onion finely diced
- 1 small green pepper finely diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce you can buy the small can
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan organic Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon mustard yellow, prepared
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
Heat the oil in a large skillet.
Add onion and green pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
While your veggies are sauteing cut up your plant-based chickens tenders. I cut mine in thirds and fourths, lengthwise. Depending how wide they are. Then I cut all of those slices in half.
Add the cut up meatless chicken pieces and cook about 10 more minutes and you will get a little browning on this chicken. This is good.
Add all the other ingredients to the pan and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce has become thick and caramelized. Imagine it being on a bun so it needs to be thick.
All done. So easy!
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 1134mg | Potassium: 538mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 22.7mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 3.9mg