Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
Real Baked Rice Pudding is easy and also a comfort food with a mild sweetness and creamy texture.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 7 cups almondmilk, unsweetened, sounds crazy but it is really 7 cups, you can also use sweetened almondmilk and leave out the coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar, if you use sweetened almondmilk leave out this coconut sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Lightly butter a 9" x 13" glass baking dish.
Next pour in the almond milk, rice, raisins, all the spices and the vanilla.
Mix it in the dish. I use my fingers and spread the rice over the bottom as evenly as I can.
Dot the vegan butter over the top.
Put it in the preheated oven and bake for 2-½ to 3 hours.
Check it at 2 to 2-½ hours and see if it is the creamy moisture that you like. See if the rice is done. You may bake it longer if you think it is still too wet.
At the end of baking there will be a baked 'crust' on the top of the casserole. You just remix it all in the casserole and serve warm or cold.
You can pour more milk over the top too. People eat it both ways.
This will not freeze well - if is for eating within about 4 to 5 days. Yum!
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 401mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 357mg | Iron: 2mg