Two Bean Camp Chili
Two Bean Camp Chili has deep rich flavors of a homemade tomato sauce that thickens as the big pot of chili cooks.
Servings 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup yellow onion - diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper - diced
- 2 green chili peppers - seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 ounces kidney beans - can, drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans - can, drained
- 28 ounces tomatoes - can use can, diced, with juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large soup pot.
Add the onion and both kinds of peppers.
Saute for 10 to 15 minutes until the onion is translucent.
Add the the diced garlic and the spices. Cook a minute.
Add both kinds of beans, broth, tomatoes, puree, paste and salt. Stir well.
Bring to a boil then turn down to medium low and cook 30 minutes until the chili has thickened.
Serve topped with chopped avocado and ground cashews.
The chili will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1643mg | Potassium: 1512mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2350IU | Vitamin C: 49.9mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 6.6mg