Spiced Rum Balls
That's right! Not rum balls but Spiced Rum Balls. These little suckers are so good!
Servings 44 Balls
- 4 cups pitted dates, finely chopped or processed in food processor
- 4 tablespoons spiced rum of your choice
- 4 cups walnuts, finely chopped or processed in food processor
- ½ cup cashews, finely chopped or processed in food processor
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds - finely chopped or processed in food processor
- 2 ½ cup shredded coconut, finely chopped or processed in food processor
- ½ cup chocolate, melted
Chop up the dates in a Food Processor if you have one. You may need to do them in a couple of batches because they are so sticky but you will get there.
Process all of the nuts and coconut. They can all go together. The pieces need to be small so the balls roll up nicely.
Now, put the ground up dates, nuts, and coconut in a very large bowl.
Melt the chocolate and drizzle half of it over the mixtures. Stir it in. Add the rest of the chocolate and mix it all in too. I use my fingers and make sure it is all blended well.
Add the spiced rum.
Mix all together again.
Now to start rolling balls.
If it is too sticky for you - you can lightly dampen your hands every once in a while. Not wet. I don't find the stickiness a problem.
Serving: 2Balls | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.8mg