Vegan Macaroni Salad
Vegan Macaroni Salad is creamy, easy and will only take 15 minutes to make. You'll be reminded of your favorite old fashioned macaroni salad.
Servings 16 Servings
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup red onion - finely diced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper - diced, about 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup celery - diced, 2 stalks
- 3/4 cup carrot - matchstick shape and chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup dairy free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard - buy a vegan variety
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley - chopped
- salt and pepper - to taste, start with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. You'll probably need more salt
Boil pasta according to directions on box to al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, chop and dice the vegetables and add to a large bowl.
When the pasta is done, rinse thoroughly in cold water and then add the same a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing and mix until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and mix to coat well.
Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 4 days.
The salad should make about 8 cups when finished. So each serving is based on about 1/2 cup each.
If you think everyone will eat about a cup each then the salad will serve 8 and double the calories.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1329IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg