Vegan Nachos is a fabulous array of ingredients that are dotted with creamy vegan nacho cheese.
Servings 4 Servings
- 14 ounces package tortilla chips - you can use a 10 to 18 ounce package for this recipe
- 14 ounces can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces tempeh - diced very small
- ½ cup onion - red onion, diced
- 1 hot chili pepper - sliced thin crosswise
- ¼ cup Roma tomato - diced small
- 2 tablespoons hempseed - raw shelled
- 1 cup or 1 avocado - diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice - from one lime
Cashew Nacho Cheese:
- ¾ cup
raw cashews - soaked from 2 hours to overnight
- ½ cup
water to be added to the mix when blended
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons
tapioca starch - or tapioca flour, they're the same thing
- ½ teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice - fresh juice
Cover the cashews with water and soak rom two hours to overnight. Drain.
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Turn this blended mixture into a saucepan.
Cook on medium heat and stir until the sauce thickens a bit. It will take about 5 minutes. Take off the heat to cool.
Lay all the chips on a platter. Sprinkle black beans, tomato, pepper, and tempeh (if used) over the chips.
Dot with cashew cream. Sprinkle on red onion, chili pepper and raw hempseed.
Dredge the avocado in lime juice. Sprinkle diced avocado over the nachos.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 772kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 332mg | Potassium: 1100mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 22.5mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 9mg