Orange Pecan Muffins
Vegan Orange Pecan Muffins are a meal in themselves. They’re packed full of fiber, nuts, and citrus flavor.
Servings 10 Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan bran cereal, processed to crumbs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or oil of your choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seed meal or flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons water to mix with the chia seed meal or flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
For the Drizzle:
- juice of one orange
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place muffin liners in 10 muffin cups.To make the drizzle: Mix the orange juice andpowdered sugar together. If it does not seem thinenough, you can add water, ½ teaspoon at a time.Drizzle right onto the center of each muffin and allow itto go over the sides.
In a medium-size bowl, combine the flour, cereal, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
Pour in the coconut oil and mix well. Add the orange juice and dairy free milk and stir well.
Mix the chia seed meal and water together in a small bowl to gel for a few seconds and then add to the bowl and mix well.
Fold in the pecans.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1.8mg