Healthy Cauliflower Casserole with Mushrooms
This Cheesy Vegan Cauliflower Mushroom Casserole makes it hard for you to put down your fork.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 head cauliflower - cored and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup onion - white onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms - button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 tablespoons dairy free butter, melted
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup dairy free parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°
Place the florets in a medium-size saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and drain. Place in a 9"x9" baking dish.
Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes
Spoon the mushroom mixture over the cauliflower.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, bread crumbs, dairy free parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well.
Sprinkle over the vegetables in the baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 607mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.3mg