Vegan Fajitas with Meatless Chicken
Vegan Fajitas with Meatless Chicken are filled with a variety of grilled vegetables.
Servings 10 Fajitas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion - diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper - julienned, whatever the size of your bell pepper measures at is good
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces meatless chicken strips
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 10 tortillas - whole wheat
Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion and bell pepper.
Saute for about 15 minutes or until onion is translucent.
Add spices and cook 5 more minutes.
Turn up to medium and add the meatless chicken and peanuts. Cook 5 minutes.
Add vegetable broth.
Heat through and serve on tortillas.
At this point you can also freeze the filling and serve with tortillas at a later date.
IF SERVING NOW:
Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the fajita mixture.
Sprinkle with any other of your favorite toppings such as vegan sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Fold or roll up the tortilla and take a bite.
Serving: 2Fajitas | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2.8mg