Black Forest Cherry Muffins
Black Forest Cherry Muffins are packed full of cherries and a bit of chocolate.
Servings 12 Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2-½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Silk's Unsweetened Cashewmilk
- 2 tablespoons egg replacer and 6 tablespoons water I use chia eggs as my egg replacer of choice. If you use the seeds without making them a flour then let them set in the water longer. About 20 minutes
- ¾ cup frozen cherries chopped up in little chunks
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°
Mix the egg replacer with the water and set aside.
Mix dry ingredients (the first 9 ingredients) in a large bowl.
Add Silk's dairy free milk and the egg replacer until just combined. Don't overwork.
Add the chocolate and cherries and mix very gently. Do not overwork. Folding is best.
Divide evenly in your muffin tin for 12 muffins.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. There may be some melted chocolate on the toothpick but no mix.
Let set 10 minutes and then remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.3mg