Rice Pilaf with Sausage and Peanuts
Rice Pilaf melds vegetables, rice, spices and broth perfectly.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion - about 10 oz., finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper - small, about 10 oz., finely chopped
- 1 package 8 oz. to 10 oz. vegan Italian sausage Field Roast and Tofukey work great
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 10 ounce vegetable broth - low sodium if you like
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup salted peanuts
Cook the rice and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add the onion and bell pepper and saute about 10 minutes.
While this is cooking chop or slice the plant based Italian sausage into small chunks.
Add the sausage to the skillet along with the onion mixture. Add the Italian seasoning.
Cook for about 10 minutes at a medium heat.
Add the salt and pepper.
Add the rice and vegetable broth to the skillet and cook about 5 minutes for a lot of the liquid to cook away and season the veggies and rice.
You can freeze this dish up to 6 months.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 3.7mg