Garden Vegetable Rice Pilaf
Garden Vegetable Rice Pilaf is a one pot meal with everybody’s favorite vegetables.
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups 2 carrots, measurement is 'about'
- 15 ounces can diced tomatoes with the liquid
- 1 cup zucchini cut into discs - about one medium zucchini
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¾ cup small green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat about 3 tablespoons of water in a skillet that has a tight fitting lid.
Add the zucchini and quickly saute for about 3-4 minutes. Remove the zucchini and set aside.
Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet and saute about 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes with it's liquid, broth, uncooked rice, carrots, basil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil and then cover. Lower the heat and simmer 20 minutes.
The liquid should be absorbed by almost this time.
Right before serving - add the zucchini and toss.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 649mg | Potassium: 616mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8310IU | Vitamin C: 42.2mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg