Vegan Sloppy Joe Tacos
Vegan Sloppy Joe Tacos are unusual and delicious and they will take you under 20 minutes
Servings 8 Tacos
- 10 ounces beefless ground beef, about 10 ounces
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces pinto beans - drained
- 18 ounce diced tomatoes
- ½ cup salsa, your favorite
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce - make sure you get a vegan variety
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup cabbage
Heat the oil over medium high heat.
Place in the beefless ground beef and brown.
Add the beans, tomatoes, salsa, reds wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and coconut sugar. Heat to medium/medium high.
Cook and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
Serve on taco shells. I kid you not!
IF SERVING NOW or in a COUPLE OF DAYS:
Let cool to room temperature and then pack in rigid sided freezer safe containers.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few (4 to 6) hours before serving. Put the filling in a saucepan to heat through and serve.
Serving: 1Taco | Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 328mg | Potassium: 526mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4mg