Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins are deep rich muffins that are easy to make and you deserve that extra oomph of chocolaty goodness.
Servings 12 Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water - set aside - this is used as the egg replacer
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy free milk - I used almond
- 4 ounces dairy free butter - melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
Lightly oil 12 cup muffin tin
In a large bowl combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, espresso, cinnamon and salt. Mix.
In another bowl add the dairy-free egg mixture, milk, butter and vanilla.
Add to the dry ingredients and mix until JUST blended. A bit lumpy.
Add the chocolate chips and fold in.
Divide among 12 muffin cups.
Bale at 400° for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
After they have cooled you may freeze them in a freezer safe ziploc bag or in any rigid sided freezer safe container.
They defrost quickly so it really doesn't take any planning. The microwave will also zap them in 20 seconds.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 0.9mg