Simple Homemade Granola
Simple Homemade Granola is a comforting breakfast meal that includes dates!
Servings 10 Cups
- 5 cups old fashioned oats - I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats
- 1 1/4 cups maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup pecans - chopped
- 1 cup dates - chopped
Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl place the oats, maple syrup and spices.
Spread on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Take out of the oven and mix in the pecans and dates.
Bake another 15 minutes.
Take out of the oven and let cool. Pack in airtight containers.
How to keep granola fresh:
- In an airtight container in your dark pantry or cupboard it will keep for about 6 months.
- It also freezes really well for about 6 months so you have an option if you need space in one place or the other.
- You can use a freezer bag for the granola but I actually put it into another one just to ensure against ice crystals.
Serving: 1Cup | Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2.2mg