Vegan Greek Orzo Salad
Healthy Greek Orzo Salad is loaded with little pasta and lots of flavorful veggies.
Servings 6 Servings
- 16 ounces orzo
- 8 ounces kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - liquid
- 8 ounces mushrooms - white, siiced
- ½ red bell pepper - chopped in small chunks
- ½ yellow bell pepper - chopped in small chunks
- ½ green bell pepper - chopped in small chunks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring 8 cups of cold water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
Add the salt and the orzo.
Cook until al dente, 7 to 8 minutes. Check the directions on your box. Drain well.
While the orzo is cooking heat the oil in a skillet.
Saute the mushrooms and all of the bell peppers about 10 minutes. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, chopped parsley and salt.
Add everything together in a large bowl.
Chill at least an hour.
Toss again before serving to break up any pasta that has stuck together and to mix the dressing throughout the pasta again.
Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 784mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 620IU | Vitamin C: 44.2mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.6mg