Easy Chocolate Cupcakes
Easy Chocolate Cupcakes have three textures of chocolate.
Servings 10 Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup organic sugar or 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons Fair Trade cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon finely ground instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg substitute , I used a chia egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar organic
- 1/8 cup dairy free butter
- 1/8 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Fair Trade Cocoa Powder plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
For the Cupcakes:
In a large bowl add the nondairy milk, coconut oil, vegan egg substitute, sugar and vanilla extract.
Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for about a minute or two until well mixed. Scraping down a couple of times.
To the same bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Mix until well blended, scrapping down the sides.
Evenly divide the batter between the 10 cupcake tins.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Let cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting
While the cupcakes are baking, make the frosting.
Cream the powdered sugar and vegan butter together.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Spread a big dollop of frosting on a cupcake and spread around. Tap the top with a clean knife to get the little peaks.
Sprinkle with any sprinkles colors that you like.
Serving: 1Cupcake | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.3mg