No Bake Stuffed Mini Peppers
No Bake Stuffed Mini Peppers are a perfect vegetable appetizer.
Servings 30 Peppers
- 32 ounces sweet mini peppers, they come in a clear bag
- 15 ounces chickpeas, from a can, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup homemade almond mayonnaise (get the link to the recipe in the instructions below) If you choose to use store-bought dairy-free mayonnaise only use 3 tablespoons to start with.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Cut the stem end off of the peppers. Slice lengthwise. Remove any seeds that are inside. Set aside.
Here is the recipe for Homemade Almond Mayonnaise. It is really flavorful too.
Place all of the remaining ingredients in a food processor. Pulse four or five times. The chickpeas should be chunky.
Remove the blade and stir to make sure the mixture is blended well.
Stuff each pepper half with about 2 tablespoons of the chickpea mixture.
Set on a plate to serve. You may cover them with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
The chickpea stuffing will freeze up to three months in a rigid sided container.
The sweet mild peppers need to be fresh from the grocery store.
TO SERVE AFTER FREEZING:
Defrost the stuffing, overnight in the refrigerator.
Stuff the peppers as described above.
Serving: 2Peppers | Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 38.9mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.6mg