Navy Bean Soup Slow Cooker Style
Slow Cooker Navy Bean Soup is comfort food to the max and has the quality and flavors for all ages. A great dinner so go ahead and serve it to your family and make it a tradition.
Servings 6 Servings
- 16 ounces Navy beans, dried
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, large yellow, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, 3-4 to 4 garlic cloves, depending on how big they are, finely chopped
- 1 corn, on the cob or 1 can Whole Kernel Corn
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, canned 14 to 15 ounces
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash black pepper
In the Morning:
Drain the beans and place in a large slow cooker.
Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onion until it is translucent - about 10 minutes.
Shuck the corn and cut off the corn kernels or drain the can of corn.
Add everything to the crockpot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours. All done and ready to serve.
Will keep in the fridge for 3 days or you can freeze for up to 4 months.
Let the mixture cool to room temperature and freeze in any of the ways I have described in my article Preparing Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Take out of the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few hours (about 6 hours) before heating. Heat in a large saucepan or in the microwave. Serve hot.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 493mg | Potassium: 451mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 2.6mg