Green and Black Olive Tapenade Crostini
Mixed Olive Tapenade Crostini is a classic recipe that can be prepared quickly for a special appetizer.
Servings 40 Crostini
- 15 ounces black olives - large pitted black olives - can, 12 to 15 ounces
- 21 ounces weight green olives - green pimento olives 14 to 21 ounces in a jar
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic - 2-3 depending on size
- ¼ cup onion - chopped, white onion
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 loaf Italian or French baguette - sliced, use gluten-free bread if needed
Drain the liquid from both olive containers.
Finely chop the garlic. I use this cool little Mini Chopper
Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse 2 to 5 times. You want little chunks as seen in the photos.
That is literally it!
Serve now, or refrigerate for later.
To Prepare the Crostini Toasts:
Prepare the crostini toasts: Lay out the Italian bread slices on a cookie sheet. Lightly brush each bread with olive oil. The new silicone brushes are great. They wash up really easy.
Put the cookie sheet on the top shelf under the broiler. Don't do anything else. Just stand there and keep checking the bread and don't let them burn. It only takes a minute or two.
After the toasts are lightly browned, remove from the oven. They are ready to use anytime. You can keep them in the refrigerator for later use too.
Serving: 1Crostini | Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.3mg