Moist Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake has a little zing of sweet lemon freshness.
Servings 8 Slices
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar - or granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar - organic
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice - you can also substitute grapefruit juice
- 2- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Lightly grease a loaf pan.
In a large bowl, add the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
Add the water, oil, almond extract, lemon juice. Mix well.
Fold in the poppy seeds.
Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
The edges are lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully turn out on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Serve fresh. It also freezes perfectly.
Serving: 1Slice | Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 179mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 2.2mg