Mexican Wedding Cookies
Mexican Wedding Cookies simplicity makes them accessible to everyone - right out of their own oven.
Servings 42 Cookies
- 1 cup dairy-free butter, softened
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar, for inside the cookies
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup ground almonds, raw
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup organic powdered sugar, for coating at the end
Cream the vegan butter and the 1/2 cup of organic powdered sugar with a hand mixer.
It takes a little while to get it light and fluffy and I do this at medium speed. Stir in both of the extracts.
Mix in the flour and ground almonds, salt and stir until smooth.
Chill for one hour.
Form into 1"balls - I use a small cookie scoop. Place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 300° for 35 minutes.
Transfer to a rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
Roll cookies in powdered sugar. Let cool completely.
Serve or refrigerate or freeze.
Serving: 2Cookies | Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 19mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.3mg