Mexican Style Cauliflower Casserole has many spices and accent vegetables that blend just right.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 cauliflower head, separated into bite-size florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion yellow, diced
- 1 green bell pepper small, diced
- 15 ounces tomatoes canned diced with juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs fresh
- 1/4 cup dairy-free cheddar cheese grated
Lightly oil a 9" x 10" casserole dish or close to it.
Steam the cauliflower florets for 15 minutes. They will be done when easily pierced with a fork.
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Saute the onion and bell pepper for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the onion looks translucent.
Stir in the tomatoes and cook 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook 3 more minutes.
Put the cauliflower in the prepared casserole.
Pour the mixture from the skillet on top of the cauliflower.
Combine the breadcrumbs and dairy-free cheese and sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Put under broiler for 1 minute to brown up the top. Watch very closely.
Serving: 14ounces | Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1060IU | Vitamin C: 35.6mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 0.9mg