Vegan Tacos with Chipotle
Slow Cooker Chipotle Tacos recipe is easy and has an unusual list of ingredients. You would never guess.
Servings 10 Tacos
- 30 ounces pinto beans, 2 cans, 15 ounces each, drained
- 1 cup corn, canned, frozen or fresh
- 3 ounces chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - from a can, chopped
- 6 ounces tomato paste - 1 can
- ¾ cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 taco shells of your choice
- favorite toppings - lettuce, avocado, lime
Well, here we go. I am all about 'easy' cooking.
Put everything in the crockpot except for the taco shells and the toppings.
Cook on low 3 to 4 hours or on high 1 ½ to 2 hours.
Spread quite a bit on your favorite taco shells, hard or soft.
Top with lettuce (I used sliced romaine and on another night - baby spinach).
You can also add avocado. Lime is a nice touch too.
Serve with some rice if you like.
Let cool to room temperature and then pack in rigid sided containers as defined in my article How to Prepare Food for the Freezer
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator a few (4 to 6) hours before serving.
Put the filling in a saucepan to heat through and serve.
Serving: 1Taco | Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 774mg | Potassium: 556mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 864IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 3mg