Spicy Black Bean Pumpkin Soup
Spicy Pumpkin Black Bean Soup takes a seasonal soup over the top.
Servings 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion - white, finely chopped
- ¼ cup shallot - minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth, 24 ounces
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes - canned
- 15 ounces black beans - can drained
- 30 ounces pumpkin puree - two 15 ounce cans
- 1 cup dairy-free milk, I used Silk's Soymilk
- ¼ cup dry white wine such as Chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- dairy-free yogurt or sour cream if making the spiderweb
Heat oil in a large skillet to medium high heat.
Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add the shallot and sauté 5 more minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes, beans and pumpkin puree.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low and add the remaining ingredients.
Cook for 20 minutes or until the thickness you desire.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 614mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 22235IU | Vitamin C: 13.1mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 3.9mg