Vegan Hungarian Goulash - Kid Friendly
Vegan Hungarian Goulash tastes just as delicious as the original downhome version but there is more fun involved.
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 28 ounces whole peeled plum tomatoes - large can - 28 ounces
- 3/4 cup water
- 15 ounces kidney beans - can, draines
- 12 ounces meatless ground meat
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces whole wheat macaroni - dried package
Add oil to a large skillet and heat. Add the diced onions and saute until translucent.
Add the paprika and marjoram, cook a minute on low and mix well.
Add the can of tomatoes and water and bring to a boil.
Cover and turn down the heat to low and simmer 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to help break up the tomatoes.
Add the kidney beans and 'meatless ground meat'
Bring back to a boil.
Cover and turn the heat down to low. Cook 15 more minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot to boil for the macaroni.
IF SERVING NOW:
Stir in 2 Tablespoons of salt to the water.
Add the macaroni and cook according to directions.
When finished, drain and add the macaroni to the goulash mixture.
Heat through and serve.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 599mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1100IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2.4mg