Rolled Toasted Mushroom Appetizer
Rolled Toasted Mushroom Appetizer is very unique & super delicious.
Servings 34 Rolls
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter, divided
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dairy free creamer, unsweetened - what you would put in your coffee that is not sweet - coconut cream would work too
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 17 slices whole grain bread
Heat one tablespoon dairy free butter in skillet.
Add chopped mushrooms and sauté for five minutes.
Add flour and salt and cook five minutes.
Stir in creamer and cook on low 15 minutes.
Add lemon juice and pepper, stir. Take skillet off burner to cool.
Cut crusts off of the bread and leave in a square shape.
Roll each square thin with a rolling pin. You were going to want to be able to roll up these squares.
Spread one tablespoon mushroom mixture onto each square and roll jelly roll style.
Melt remaining butter and add to a bowl.
Cut rolls in half and roll in melted butter.
Place rolls on baking sheets and bake at 425° for eight minutes or until browned.
Serving: 1Roll | Calories: 72kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 0.4mg