Little Bits Apricot Muffins
Apricot Muffins have little bits of sweet dried apricots inside.
Servings 12 Muffins
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer mixed with 3 tablespoons water, I used chia seed meal
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond milk plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup apricots dried, finely pulsed in a food processor
- 1/2 cup almonds finely chopped or pulsed in a food processor
Preheat oven to 425°.
Lightly oil muffin tin for 12 muffins.
Mix egg replacer and water and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add to the dry mixture - syrups, milk, oil, egg replacer and stir just to combine.
Add the apricot and almonds.
Stir until just combined. Do not overwork.
Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let set for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Serving: 1Muffin | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 224mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1.1mg