Vegan Sausage Stuffing Casserole
Vegan Sausage Stuffing Casserole at Thanksgiving is a treat and it's made with cornbread stuffing.
Servings 10 Servings
- 16 oz cornbread stuffing
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter
- 1 cup onion - finely diced or pulsed in a food processor
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth - use low sodium if you would like to watch salt intake
- 8 ounces plant based sausage - Field Roast uses Vital Wheat Gluten and it's delicious
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon gourmet spike spice
- Garnished with fresh rosemary
Melt 2 tablespoons of the dairy free butter in a large skillet and keep on medium low.
Add the onion and mushrooms and saute for 15 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
Meanwhile, put the sausage in a food processor and process for just a few seconds to get crumbles.
Add 1 more tablespoon of the melted butter.
Put the crumbled sausage in the large skillet along with the onions.
Add sage, gourmet spike spice, salt and pepper. Cook and stir one minute.
In a large bowl add breadcrumbs and the sausage mixture. Stir well.
Add vegetable broth and the remaining butter. Stir until well combined.
Turn all of the mixture into a 9" x 13" casserole dish.
Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 948mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 430IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 6.7mg