Vegan Pumpkin Waffles
Vegan Pumpkin Waffles have all the seasonings of a pumpkin pie.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 10 waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 egg substitutes - I use chia seed eggs = 1 egg equals 1 Tbsp. chia flour and 3 Tbsp. water so double that for 2 eggs
- 2 cups dairy-free milk - I used almond milk
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree - about 15 oz.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - packed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Prepare the 'eggs' and set aside.
To a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ground cloves and salt.
In another bowl add the milk, chia eggs, pumpkin puree, brown sugar and oil.
Mix the chia eggs in really well.
Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just blended.
Lightly brush the waffle iron with coconut oil. I have one of these Silicone Brushes and it is wonderful. I put it in the dishwasher and it turns out just like new.
Cook the waffles according to your waffle iron directions. Mine worked with the heat dial on #3 1/2 for about 6 minutes.
Serve hot with maple syrup.
They will keep in the fridge for about 4 days.
Serving: 2Waffles | Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6.7% | Calcium: 12.9% | Iron: 8.9%