Chili Pasta Recipe - Casserole
This Chili Pasta Recipe is a nice comforting main dish that is also an easy to make casserole. Bake up a spicy batch for dinner. Easily doubled for a large gathering too.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 8 ounces rotelle or any other small pasta
- 15 ounces kidney beans - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn - 1 can, drained and rinsed, or 1 ear of corn shucked and cut from the cob
- 1 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes - about 4 Roma's, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated vegan cheddar type cheese
Drizzle the oil into a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and saute about 5 minutes watching so that the garlic does not burn.
Remove from heat.
While the onion is sauteeing cook the rotelle pasta as directed on the package until cooked al dente.
Drain the pasta and set aside.
To a large bowl add the cooked onion and garlic, drained kidney beans, the drained (or fresh) corn, diced tomatoes, chili powder, ground cumin and salt. Stir until well mixed.
Add the cooked pasta and lightly toss until well incorporated.
Lightly oil a 9"x13" baking dish.
Pour the chili pasta mixture into a 9×13 dish.
Spread it out evenly with a spatula and sprinkle with the vegan cheese.
Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Spoon into serving dishes at the stove or at the table.
Enjoy the food and the compliments! This can be easily doubled or tripled for a larger gathering too.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 96g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1100mg | Potassium: 833mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 835IU | Vitamin C: 8.1mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 5.5mg