Lentil Burger Sliders
Lentil Burger Sliders are little and easy to eat and you'll want at least three!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 16 Sliders
- 1 cup raw lentils or 2 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup broth for assembly, this liquid will come out of the cooking broth if cooking from scratch
- 1/2 cup onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot , finely diced or pulsed to small
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup fine instant oatmeal
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats , finely chopped or pulsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 egg substitutes , I love chia meal eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 dinner rolls
If cooking lentils from scratch:
Put 2 cups water, 2 cups vegetable broth and 1 cup of lentils in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
Turn down the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
Reserve 1/4 cup of the broth mixture and drain the rest of the liquid off of the lentils.
Set the lentils aside (or the canned lentils measuring 2-1/4 cups).
Mix the egg replacer and water and set aside.
Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
Add the onion and saute 10 minutes.
Add the carrot and sauté 10 more minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients including the reserved 1/4 cup vegetable broth.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Make into 16 small patties.
Fry in oil on each side and serve on small soft dinner rolls.
Serving: 1Slider | Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1.6mg