Mexican Style Cauliflower Casserole has many spices and accent vegetables that blend just right.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 cauliflower head, separated into bite-size florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion yellow, diced
- 1 green bell pepper small, diced
- 15 ounces tomatoes, canned diced with juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs fresh
- 1/4 cup dairy-free cheddar cheese, grated
Lightly oil a 9" x 10" casserole dish or close to it.
Steam the cauliflower florets for 15 minutes. They will be done when easily pierced with a fork.
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Saute the onion and bell pepper for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the onion looks translucent.
Stir in the tomatoes and cook 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook 3 more minutes.
Put the cauliflower in the prepared casserole.
Pour the mixture from the skillet on top of the cauliflower.
Combine the breadcrumbs and dairy free cheese and sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Put under broiler for 1 minute to brown up the top. Watch very closely.
Serving: 14ounces | Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1060IU | Vitamin C: 35.6mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 0.9mg