Chipotle Spicy Hummus
Chipotle Hummus has just enough pizazz to add a little kick to your dip.
Servings 16 Ounces
- 15 Ounces chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained , can, drained
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce , depending on how hot you like it - I used 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon tahini - or cashew butter or almond butter (I have used all three at one time or another and I don't want you to go out and buy tahini for one tablespoon.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice 3 tablespoons is ok too
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
You just put everything into a Food Processor and process.
No need to pre-grind anything. It all blends together perfectly.
Turn off the processor and scrape the sides a couple of times during processing.
That is it.
This recipe is simple to double or triple so buy ingredients according to how much dip you will need. This makes about 2 cups
Package in rigid sided containers.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator overnight because it is a pretty solid mass and will take longer to defrost. Stir before serving with crackers and/or veggies.
Serving: 2Ounces | Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.9mg